What is the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook?
There are seven Boy Scouts of America official rankings. These include (in order) scout, tenderfoot, second class, first class, star, life, and eagle. The highest rank, Eagle Scout, is obtained when….
- The scout has been active in their troupe for at least 6 month
- The scout has a total of 21 merit badges which must include First Aid, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Personal Fitness, Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving, Environmental Science, Personal Management, Swimming OR Hiking OR Cycling, Camping, and Family Life
- The scout has served in a leadership position in their troupe for at least 6 months
- The scout has completed an Eagle Scout service project
- The last of these requirements is where the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook comes in. The scout must use the book to guide their service project.
In one sentence, what is the purpose of submitting this form?
The purpose of submitting an Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook is to have an Eagle Scout Service Project reviewed and approved so that the scout may achieve their Eagle Scout ranking.
What information do you need in order to complete this form?
The information required to complete this form is extensive. The workbook comes in 4 main parts. These include…
- The project proposal
- The project’s final plan
- A fundraising application
- A complete project report
There are other sections with rules on project fundraising, and information on projects in general. Each section comes with detailed instructions which can be followed in order to complete the entire workbook. It is suggested that the potential Eagle Scout works with parents, troop leaders, or other scouts to complete the form.
Who is the publisher/creator of the form?
The Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook is published through Boy Scouts of America.
Who is the intended recipient of this form?
The Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook is received and processed by the Council Service Center.
Where do you send this form?
The application for Eagle Scout is sent to your local Council Service Center. First, make a copy of the complete application, including service project workbook, statement of ambitions and life purpose, and listing of positions, honors, and awards. Then, deliver the originals in person to the council service center. If possible, deliver everything by hand. Otherwise, send it by registered or certified mail.